- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT-NEW FOR 2019! Couples Train & Dinner Excursion
Aug 22, 2019Ride Time(s): 6:00
August 22, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This Excursion is SOLD OUT
NEW FOR 2019!!!
Summer is over kids are back in school, do you need a date night out? Couples’ night out may be just what the doctor ordered! Steam Into History & Glen Rock Mill Inn have come together to create a special package for you and that special someone! Enjoy a delicious 4 course meal and a scenic train ride through the countryside of Southern York County.
Only $100 per Couple Includes all of the following
- Train ride
- Shared appetizer
- Soup or salad for each person
- Featured entree for each person
- Shared dessert for 2
- Soft drink for each person
Menu options for the evening will included:
Chesapeake Crab Dip ~ blend of cream cheese, sherry, Old Bay seasoning and blue crab meat baked and topped with cheddar cheese and scallions, crostini for dipping
Charcuterie and artisan cheeses ~ three cured or smoked meats, three artisan cheeses, ground pistachio-honey Dijon mustard, pickled vegetables, toasted olive bread
Honey, Goat Cheese, Phyllo ~ phyllo triangles filled with honey blended goat cheese, baked crisp and served with a drizzle of local honey and candied walnuts
Honey-Bourbon Salmon ~ Seared Atlantic salmon fillet is glazed with a blend of honey and bourbon, served with rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes and sautéed garden vegetables
Flat-Iron Steak ~ 6 oz flat-iron steak, marinated and grilled (suggest medium-rare to medium) topped with cilantro pesto, served with roasted fingerling potatoes and sautéed garden vegetables
Pork Loin ~ Fresh Pennsylvania raised pork is trimmed and pan-roasted finished with a sweet apple and onion jam, roasted fingerling potatoes and sautéed garden vegetables
Roasted Vegetable Marinara ~Fresh garden select vegetable oven-roasted and folded together with our house marinara sauce served over linguine pasta
The Couples Train & Dinner Excursion leaves the station in New Freedom at 6:00 pm and arrives at Glen Rock Mill Inn at 6:30 pm.
This package is available at a special discounted price of only $100 per couple (plus taxes & fees).
Alcohol is not included but may be purchased separately at the Glen Rock Mill Inn on arrival.
The dine & ride train leaves the station in New freedom at 6:00 pm and arrives at the Glen Rock Mill Inn at 6:30 pm . The train departs Glen Rock at 8:00 pm and arrives back in New Freedom by 8:30 pm. This is an 18+ over event!
To purchase your tickets please call 717-942-2370 x100.
Limited seating is available. Please arrive at the Steam Into History Station at 2 West Main Street, New Freedom, PA 30 minutes prior to departure
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
We’re glad to have you back on the tracks with us!
We at Northern Central Railway are committed to the health and safety of our team members, and our guests. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you please read our re-opening protocols to familiarize yourself with our new procedures before your arrival. These may change as guidelines change so be sure to check with us shortly before your scheduled excursion.
- Employees, volunteers, and visitors will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times while on the property and on the train. If persons do not have masks one will need to be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID 19 or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another day/time.
- All employees and volunteers will have NCR COVID 19 related training.
- All employees and volunteers will answer COVID questions each day of operations and have their temperature taken per CDC guidelines.
- Trains will be cleaned before each run following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased by credit card with cash accepted, but not recommended, at the designated ticket area inside the building.
- One member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window.
- Limited waiting areas, that are remote from each other, will be available in the building for inclement weather conditions, but visitors will be asked to wait outside for the train after they are done conducting business inside.
- Seating charts will be used on each train to disperse passengers for social distancing purposes.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows will be operated by NCR employees of volunteers only.
- Doors to and from coaches will be operated by NCR employees or volunteers only.
- The wheelchair lift will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- No food or merchandise sales will be conducted aboard the train.
- A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Tickets and limited retail merchandise will be available inside the gift shop.
- Arrows and marks will be placed on the gift shop floor for social distancing at the ticket window and gift shop checkout counter directing guests.
- Employees will be required to wear masks and disposable gloves for handling payments.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, but cash will be accepted as a form of payment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available for visitors and staff at the ticket counter and by the front door / sales checkout counter.
- Thorough cleanings will be completed between each train run.
- Curbside delivery will be available for purchases.