- This event has passed.
Celebrate Our Heroes & Fall Foliage Hanover Junction
Nov 8, 2020Ride Time(s): 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM
November 8, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
All Aboard to Celebrate Our Heroes!
Veterans, active–duty military, and first responders (police, fire, EMT, paramedic) ride free!
Join us as we celebrate the service of veterans, active–duty military, and first responders! Our journey follows the beautiful York County Heritage Rail Trail to Hanover Junction. We’ll learn about the towns and villages along the way while enjoying the colors of fall.
Free tickets for military and first responders provided through a generous grant from CSX Transportation.
Veterans, active–duty military, and first responders: call us at 717-942-2370 at least 3 days in advance to reserve your ticket. Please have a valid ID.
The cars are pulled and pushed by our vintage diesel locomotive.
This excursion is 2 ½ hours.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the ticket booth in the back of the gift shop on the day of the trip.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Before you join us, please reference our new protocols!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2021 season sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.