- This event has passed.
Cancelled-Couples Train & Dinner Excursion at the Glen Rock Mill Inn
Jun 3, 2020Ride Time(s): 6:00
June 3 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Back by popular demand! The Northern Central & Glen Rock Mill Inn has come together to create a special package for you and that special someone! Enjoy a delicious 4-course meal and a scenic train ride through the countryside of Southern York County.
Only $100 per Couple Includes all of the following
- Train ride
- Shared appetizer
- Soup or salad for each person
- Featured entree for each person
- Shared dessert for 2
- Soft drink for each person
Menu options for the evening will included:
GRMI Signature Crab Dip, cream cheese blended with fresh cream, blue crab and a touch of Old Bay and Sherry, finished with melted cheddar cheese and green onions, toasted crostini for dipping
Fresh Hummus Plate, our fresh made seasonally flavored hummus with fresh-cut vegetables and toasted french baguette for spreading.
Artisanal Charcuterie and Cheeseboard, 3 artisanal cheeses and 3 cured or smoked meats are paired with pickled vegetables and a pistachio honey mustard, accompanied by toasted french bread
Soup du Jour or Petite House Salad
Maple Glazed Atlantic Salmon accompanied by a whole grain and wild rice pilaf, sautéed farm vegetables
Grilled Chicken Chesapeake, grilled chicken breast topped with our house crab cake blend and broiled, finished with a sherry cream sauce
Roasted Pork Loin with Kennett Square mushroom demi-glace, accompanied by a whole grain and wild rice pilaf, sautéed farm vegetables
Pumpkin Vegetable Stroganoff, roasted autumn vegetables in a pumpkin-sage cream sauce over pappardelle pasta
Chef’s Choice of featured seasonal dessert
The Couples Train & Dinner Excursion leaves the station in New Freedom at 6:00 pm and arrives at Glen Rock Mill Inn at 6:30 pm.
This package is available at a special discounted price of only $100 per couple (plus taxes & fees).
Alcohol is not included but may be purchased separately at the Glen Rock Mill Inn on arrival.
The dine & ride train leaves the station in New freedom at 6:00 pm and arrives at the Glen Rock Mill Inn at 6:30 pm. The train departs Glen Rock at 8:00 pm and arrives back in New Freedom by 8:30 pm. This is an 18+ over event!
To purchase your tickets please call 717-942-2370 x100.
Limited seating is available. Please arrive at the Steam Into History Station at 2 West Main Street, New Freedom, PA 30 minutes prior to departure
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face masks are required for guests and NCR staff and volunteers while on the property, on the train, and in the gift shop. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another date.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces will be cleaned before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the designated ticket area inside the building (credit cards preferred).
- Assigned seating will be used in each coach for social distancing.
- 1 member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window. A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Guests will be asked to wait outside for the train. Limited waiting areas will be available in the building when inclement weather.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows and coach doors will be operated by NCR staff and volunteers only.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the property.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the train.