- This event has passed.
Fall Foliage Glen Rock Express – 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, & 2:30 PM
Nov 1, 2020Ride Time(s): 11:30 AM; 1:00 PM; 2:30 PM
November 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Experience the colors of fall during this 1-hour round trip to Glen Rock, PA with our vintage 1959 PA GP 9 diesel locomotive at the only place in the world where an original Pennsylvania railroad locomotive runs on a genuine Pennsylvania rail line. Your ride follows the route of the original Northern Central Railroad, a historic railway dating back to the 1820s, through the scenic Heritage Rail Trail County Park. Learn about the history of the towns and villages you pass along the way.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our vintage diesel locomotive.
This excursion is 1 hour.
Tickets will be printed and available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to boarding.
Before you join us please reference our new protocols!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2021 season sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.