- This event has passed.
Fall Foliage with the Suzuki Superbows to Hanover Junction at 1:00 PM
Oct 27, 2019Ride Time(s): 1:00
October 27, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The York Area Suzuki Superbowz (YASS) are a performing violin studio consisting of students ages 5-18 from around York County. They have been performing for churches, civic groups, and schools for the past 28 years. They are under the direction of founder Venona B. Detrick.
While be entertained by YASS, sit back and enjoy a scenic ride through the beautiful countryside of York County to Hanover Junction, PA, on a historic railway that dates back to the late 1820s. Ride along with a 1957 PA GP 9 (converted to GP 10 in 1979) at the only place in the world where an original Pennsylvania railroad locomotive runs on a genuine Pennsylvania rail line. Enjoy the countryside and your visit to the Hanover Junction Museum on the stopover.
The cars are pulled and pushed by our Vintage diesel locomotive.
This excursion is 2.5-hour excursion.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the ticket booth in the back of the gift shop on the day of the trip.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Season Sponsors: Bronze Sponsors Aero Energy and The Patrick Organization
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
We’re glad to have you back on the tracks with us!
We at Northern Central Railway are committed to the health and safety of our team members, and our guests. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you please read our re-opening protocols to familiarize yourself with our new procedures before your arrival. These may change as guidelines change so be sure to check with us shortly before your scheduled excursion.
- Employees, volunteers, and visitors will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times while on the property and on the train. If persons do not have masks one will need to be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID 19 or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another day/time.
- All employees and volunteers will have NCR COVID 19 related training.
- All employees and volunteers will answer COVID questions each day of operations and have their temperature taken per CDC guidelines.
- Trains will be cleaned before each run following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased by credit card with cash accepted, but not recommended, at the designated ticket area inside the building.
- One member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window.
- Limited waiting areas, that are remote from each other, will be available in the building for inclement weather conditions, but visitors will be asked to wait outside for the train after they are done conducting business inside.
- Seating charts will be used on each train to disperse passengers for social distancing purposes.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows will be operated by NCR employees of volunteers only.
- Doors to and from coaches will be operated by NCR employees or volunteers only.
- The wheelchair lift will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- No food or merchandise sales will be conducted aboard the train.
- A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Tickets and limited retail merchandise will be available inside the gift shop.
- Arrows and marks will be placed on the gift shop floor for social distancing at the ticket window and gift shop checkout counter directing guests.
- Employees will be required to wear masks and disposable gloves for handling payments.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, but cash will be accepted as a form of payment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available for visitors and staff at the ticket counter and by the front door / sales checkout counter.
- Thorough cleanings will be completed between each train run.
- Curbside delivery will be available for purchases.