- This event has passed.
Superhero Express at 1:00 pm
Aug 11, 2018Ride Time(s):
August 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Come dressed up as your favorite Superhero as you could meet a real superhero along the way. Crafts and lots of hero themed fun awaits you on this not to be missed experience. Suitable for all ages. South York Macaroni Kid will be hosting the event. There will superhero stories, shields to be made and an obstacle course.
Activities will start at 10:30 am and conclude at 1:00 pm.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our vintage diesel locomotive.
This excursion is 45 minutes.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the ticket booth in the back of the gift shop on the day of the trip.
Macaroni Kid South York is a FREE weekly e-newsletter and online events calendar filled with family fun events info and more. Macaroni Kid South York reaches nearly 5,000 self-subscribed families, across Southern York County, Northern Maryland and surrounding areas. Visit their website to find your family fun!
This event is sponsored by The Comics Closet in Shrewsbury. Steam into History thanks them for their support.
The 2018 Season of Imagination is brought to you in part by Bronze Sponsor, Aero Energy. Thank you for your support.
We’re glad to have you back on the tracks with us!
We at Northern Central Railway are committed to the health and safety of our team members, and our guests. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you please read our re-opening protocols to familiarize yourself with our new procedures before your arrival. These may change as guidelines change so be sure to check with us shortly before your scheduled excursion.
- Employees, volunteers, and visitors will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times while on the property and on the train. If persons do not have masks one will need to be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID 19 or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another day/time.
- All employees and volunteers will have NCR COVID 19 related training.
- All employees and volunteers will answer COVID questions each day of operations and have their temperature taken per CDC guidelines.
- Trains will be cleaned before each run following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased by credit card with cash accepted, but not recommended, at the designated ticket area inside the building.
- One member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window.
- Limited waiting areas, that are remote from each other, will be available in the building for inclement weather conditions, but visitors will be asked to wait outside for the train after they are done conducting business inside. The passenger waiting shed, two easy-up tents, and benches will be available for passengers waiting, and all will be appropriately distanced from each other.
- Seating charts will be used on each train to disperse passengers for social distancing purposes.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and debark from the train.
- Windows will be operated by NCR employees of volunteers only.
- Doors to and from coaches will be operated by NCR employees or volunteers only.
- The wheelchair lift will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- No food or merchandise sales will be conducted aboard the train.
- A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Tickets and limited retail merchandise will be available inside the gift shop.
- Arrows and marks will be placed on the gift shop floor for social distancing at the ticket window and gift shop checkout counter directing guests.
- Employees will be required to wear masks and disposable gloves for handling payments.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, but cash will be accepted as a form of payment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available for visitors and staff at the ticket counter and by the front door / sales checkout counter.
- Thorough cleanings will be completed between each train run.
- Curbside delivery will be available for purchases.