- This event has passed.
Ride the Rails with Joshua and Fanny Chamberlain- Glen Rock
Jul 9, 2016Ride Time(s):
July 9, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ted and Faye Chamberlain will portray Civil War hero Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and his wife, Fannie. Ted is related to General Chamberlain, whose exploits at Gettysburg were popularized in Michael Shaara’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, “The Killer Angels,” and later in the 1993 film “Gettysburg”.
The Battle of Gettysburg took place July 1-3, 1863. On July 2, Colonel Chamberlain successfully defended Little Round Top, a vital position, from attacking Confederate forces. At that fight’s climax, outnumbered and running out of ammunition, Chamberlain ordered his men to fix bayonets – a “shock and awe” counter attack that routed the astonished Confederates. Had they taken the hilltop, the Confederates could have subjected the entire length of the Union’s main lines on Cemetery Ridge to plunging artillery fire.
Join these two while they talk about life during these historic times in the U.S.
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.