Mother’s Day Special to Glen Rock – 11:30 AM & 1:00 PM
May 9, 2021Ride Time(s): 11:30 AM; 1:00 PM
May 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
NCR has curated this special Mother’s Day package for a unique and memorable experience!
Treat Mom to this special run to Glen Rock with our historic PRR GP9 Diesel Locomotive built in 1959 on a former Pennsylvania Railroad mainline that has been in operation since 1838. Your ride follows the route of the original Northern Central Railroad through the scenic Heritage Rail Trail County Park. Learn about the history of the towns and villages you pass along the way.
At our station after your ride, join Jennifer Lubman, Horticulturist and Owner of Muhly & Cedar, to make a container herb garden! We will be planting basil, rosemary, and parsley – 3 of the most widely used culinary herbs – in an 8-inch terra cotta pot. The cost is $15 per kit and includes all materials, instruction, and recipe cards. Herb container kits must be pre-ordered by Thursday May 6th. Pre-order by purchasing the kit with your train tickets.
Train Tickets: $27 Adult; $18 Child (age 3-12); $5 Toddler (in lap)
Visit Muhly & Cedar at 15 North Main Street, Shrewsbury.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our vintage diesel locomotive.
This excursion is 1 hour.
Tickets will be printed and available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to boarding.
Before you join us please reference our new protocols!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2021 season sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.