- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT-NEW FOR 2019! Couples Train & Dinner Excursion
Oct 10, 2019Ride Time(s):
October 10, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
NEW FOR 2019!!!
Summer is over kids are back in school, do you need a date night out? Couples’ night out may be just what the doctor ordered! Steam Into History & Glen Rock Mill Inn have come together to create a special package for you and that special someone! Enjoy a delicious 4 course meal and a scenic train ride through the countryside of Southern York County.
Only $100 per Couple Includes all of the following
- Train ride
- Shared appetizer
- Soup or salad for each person
- Featured entree for each person
- Shared dessert for 2
- Soft drink for each person
Menu options for the evening will included:
GRMI Signature Crab Dip, cream cheese blended with fresh cream, blue crab and a touch of Old Bay and Sherry, finished with melted cheddar cheese and green onions, toasted crostini for dipping
Fresh Hummus Plate, our fresh made seasonally flavored hummus with fresh cut vegetables and toasted french baguette for spreading.
Artisanal Charcuterie and Cheese board, 3 artisanal cheeses and 3 cured or smoked meats are paired with pickled vegetables and a pistachio honey mustard, accompanied by toasted french bread
Soup du Jour or Petite House Salad
Maple Glazed Atlantic Salmon accompanied by a whole grain and wild rice pilaf, sautéed farm vegetables
Grilled Chicken Chesapeake, grilled chicken breast topped with our house crab cake blend and broiled, finished with a sherry cream sauce
Roasted Pork Loin with Kennett Square mushroom demi-glace, accompanied by a whole grain and wild rice pilaf, sautéed farm vegetables
Pumpkin Vegetable Stroganoff, roasted autumn vegetables in a pumpkin-sage cream sauce over pappardelle pasta
Chef’s Choice of featured seasonal dessert
The Couples Train & Dinner Excursion leaves the station in New Freedom at 6:00 pm and arrives at Glen Rock Mill Inn at 6:30 pm.
This package is available at a special discounted price of only $100 per couple (plus taxes & fees).
Alcohol is not included but may be purchased separately at the Glen Rock Mill Inn on arrival.
The dine & ride train leaves the station in New freedom at 6:00 pm and arrives at the Glen Rock Mill Inn at 6:30 pm . The train departs Glen Rock at 8:00 pm and arrives back in New Freedom by 8:30 pm. This is an 18+ over event!
To purchase your tickets please call 717-942-2370 x100.
Limited seating is available. Please arrive at the Steam Into History Station at 2 West Main Street, New Freedom, PA 30 minutes prior to departure
We’re glad to have you back on the tracks with us!
We at Northern Central Railway are committed to the health and safety of our team members, and our guests. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you please read our re-opening protocols to familiarize yourself with our new procedures before your arrival. These may change as guidelines change so be sure to check with us shortly before your scheduled excursion.
- Employees, volunteers, and visitors will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times while on the property and on the train. If persons do not have masks one will need to be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID 19 or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another day/time.
- All employees and volunteers will have NCR COVID 19 related training.
- All employees and volunteers will answer COVID questions each day of operations and have their temperature taken per CDC guidelines.
- Trains will be cleaned before each run following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased by credit card with cash accepted, but not recommended, at the designated ticket area inside the building.
- One member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window.
- Limited waiting areas, that are remote from each other, will be available in the building for inclement weather conditions, but visitors will be asked to wait outside for the train after they are done conducting business inside. The passenger waiting shed, two easy-up tents, and benches will be available for passengers waiting, and all will be appropriately distanced from each other.
- Seating charts will be used on each train to disperse passengers for social distancing purposes.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and debark from the train.
- Windows will be operated by NCR employees of volunteers only.
- Doors to and from coaches will be operated by NCR employees or volunteers only.
- The wheelchair lift will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- No food or merchandise sales will be conducted aboard the train.
- A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Tickets and limited retail merchandise will be available inside the gift shop.
- Arrows and marks will be placed on the gift shop floor for social distancing at the ticket window and gift shop checkout counter directing guests.
- Employees will be required to wear masks and disposable gloves for handling payments.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, but cash will be accepted as a form of payment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available for visitors and staff at the ticket counter and by the front door / sales checkout counter.
- Thorough cleanings will be completed between each train run.
- Curbside delivery will be available for purchases.