- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT-President Lincoln on the Hanover Junction Flyer at 11:30 am & 2:30 pm with No. 17
Nov 9, 2019Ride Time(s): 11:30,2:30
November 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Living historian, James Hayney will have you believing you are seeing the real Abraham Lincoln. Relive the emotion and passion of the 1860’s when we recreate Lincoln’s November 1863 ride on the Northern Central. President Lincoln traveled these rails on his way to Gettysburg to present the Gettysburg Address and two years later his funeral car rode the same line. Learn more about these trips as you ride with us. Also, at Hanover Junction you will hear the Gettysburg Address and learn about the history of the speech.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our steam locomotive.
Veterans ride free and please call Jenna at 717-942-2370 x100 to reserve your ticket. Please have valid ID ready.
This is a 2 1/2 hour long ride.
Tickets will be printed and be available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Season Sponsors: Bronze Sponsors Aero Energy and The Patrick Organization
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face masks are required for guests and NCR staff and volunteers while on the property, on the train, and in the gift shop. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another date.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces will be cleaned before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the designated ticket area inside the building (credit cards preferred).
- Assigned seating will be used in each coach for social distancing.
- 1 member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window. A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Guests will be asked to wait outside for the train. Limited waiting areas will be available in the building when inclement weather.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows and coach doors will be operated by NCR staff and volunteers only.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the property.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the train.