- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT Seitzland Special & Capt. Bob’s Crabs Dine & Ride
Sep 19, 2020Ride Time(s): 11:00 AM
September 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This event is SOLD OUT.
Capt. Bob’s Crabs and Northern Central Railway come together to bring you a special package for you and your friends to enjoy a scenic train ride through the countryside of Southern York County followed by a delicious meal at Capt. Bob’s Crabs in Railroad, PA. The package includes your train ticket and meal.
Ride along to Seitzland with our vintage 1959 PA GP 9 diesel locomotive at the only place in the world where an original Pennsylvania railroad locomotive runs on a genuine Pennsylvania rail line. On the return trip, our train will stop in Railroad where you will disembark and take a short walk to Capt. Bob’s where you will enjoy your meal on their covered outdoor patio. The train will pick you in Railroad at 1:15 PM from the Rail Trail parking lot for your return to our New Freedom station.
You have the choice of 1 of the following meal options:
- Adult: $38.95 ½ dozen medium crabs, side of macaroni salad (6 oz.), cup of Maryland crab soup, and drink with refill (meal price includes tax and tip)
- Adult: $19.95 4-piece chicken, side of macaroni salad (6 oz.), cup of Maryland crab soup, and drink with refill (meal price includes tax and tip)
- Child: $6.95 2-piece chicken tenders, applesauce, chips, and drink with refill (meal price includes tax and tip)
- Child: $9.95 4 crab minis, applesauce, chips, and drink with refill (meal price includes tax and tip)
Train ticket fares: Adult $20, Child $15, Toddler $5
Limited seating is available. To purchase tickets, call us at 717-942-2370 ext. 100. Last day to make reservations is 3 PM Sunday, Sept. 13th.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our vintage diesel locomotive.
This excursion is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Tickets will be printed and available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to boarding.
Before you join us please reference our new protocols!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face masks are required for guests and NCR staff and volunteers while on the property, on the train, and in the gift shop. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another date.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces will be cleaned before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the designated ticket area inside the building (credit cards preferred).
- Assigned seating will be used in each coach for social distancing.
- 1 member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window. A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Guests will be asked to wait outside for the train. Limited waiting areas will be available in the building when inclement weather.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows and coach doors will be operated by NCR staff and volunteers only.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the property.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the train.