- This event has passed.
Cancelled-Sunday Brunch Excursion at the Glen Rock Mill Inn at 1:00 PM
May 31, 2020Ride Time(s): 1:00
May 31 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Train & Brunch Package
Select Sundays Throughout the Season
1pm – 3:30pm
To Purchase Tickets Call 717-942-2370 x 100
The Glen Rock Mill Inn and Northern Central Railway – Steam Into History come together to bring you a special discounted package for you and your friends to enjoy a delicious Sunday brunch and a scenic train ride through the countryside of Southern York County. The package includes your train ticket from New Freedom to Glen Rock and back and a delicious brunch.
Our Sunday Brunch Buffet offers a full selection of breakfast and lunch options for your enjoyment. Start with a cup of our soup of the day and selected cold salads, followed by a choice of 3 hot entrees, bacon, country sausage, breakfast potatoes, and fresh vegetables. You can also choose from our chef staffed omelet and carving stations!
The Sunday Brunch Train leaves the station in New Freedom at 1:00 pm and arrives at Glen Rock Mill Inn at 1:30 pm, brunch and additional time to explore the Mill and downtown Glen Rock is from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm. The train departs Glen Rock at 3:00 pm and arrives back in New Freedom by 3:30 pm.
This package is available at a special discounted price of only
$50 for adults and $35 for children 12 and under (plus fees)
Tickets to include the gourmet brunch buffet, soft drinks, coffee, tea, your train fare, and tip! Taxes not included. Mimosas are available for an additional $1 each, and Bloody Marys are also available for an additional $4 each.
Limited seating is available. The coaches for these excursions will be pushed and pulled by our vintage diesel locomotive. Please arrive at the Northern Central Railway – Steam Into History Station at 2 West Main Street, New Freedom, PA 30 minutes prior to departure
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face masks are required for guests and NCR staff and volunteers while on the property, on the train, and in the gift shop. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another date.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces will be cleaned before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the designated ticket area inside the building (credit cards preferred).
- Assigned seating will be used in each coach for social distancing.
- 1 member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window. A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Guests will be asked to wait outside for the train. Limited waiting areas will be available in the building when inclement weather.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows and coach doors will be operated by NCR staff and volunteers only.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the property.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the train.