- This event has passed.
Tannenbaum Christmas Tree Train – 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
Dec 5, 2020Ride Time(s): 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM
December 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
All Aboard for 2020 Holiday Memories
Join us on this special excursion that has become an annual holiday family tradition for many!
Our train will take you and your family on a 45-minute train ride to Seitzville. Listen to Christmas music while enjoying the scenery of southern York County and Heritage Rail Trail County Park. Keep a look out for Santa Claus to make an appearance!
You’ll disembark at Bricker’s Tree Farm where you will be able to cut your own tree or select a pre-cut tree. Bricker’s also offers a selection of wreaths and garlands to fulfill most of your holiday decorating needs. (All transactions are cash only.) Our crew will transport your purchases back to our station.
Then it’s back on the train for your return trip to our station in New Freedom. Our dedicated staff and volunteers will meet you in the municipal parking lot off High Street behind our station to help you pick up your items.
To ensure the health and safety of our visitors and crew, this year’s holiday excursions have been modified to comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
If tickets are not available for your preferred date and time, please call us at 717-942-2370 to join the waiting list.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our vintage diesel locomotive.
The total excursion time is 3 hours.
Tickets will be printed and available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Before you join us, please reference our new protocols!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2021 season sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.