- This event has passed.
Tannenbaum Christmas Tree Train with No. 17 at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
Dec 2, 2018Ride Time(s): 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
December 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
You and your family will take a 45-minute train excursion to Seitzville, PA for a horse drawn carriage ride by the Victorian Carriage Company to Bricker’s Tree Farm. Learn about a Victorian Christmas while riding an authentic steam locomotive, the William H. Simpson. Guests will be able to cut their own tree or purchase a pre-cut tree, and have it transported back to New Freedom.
With trees, wreaths and garland, there is something for everyone. There are douglas fir and white pines priced from $24 to $40. Wreaths are priced at $8. Garland is available for a few dollars and the size range is 18″-24″. All transactions are cash at Bricker’s.
Get into the joyous spirit with festive live music and an appearance from Santa. With holiday music, Santa,a steam locomotive and fun, this excursion will make it a true holiday tradition for everyone.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our steam locomotive.
The total excursion time is 2 1/2 hours.
Tickets will be printed and be available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
The 2018 Season of Imagination is brought to you in part by Bronze Sponsor, Aero Energy. Thank you for your support.
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face masks are required for guests and NCR staff and volunteers while on the property, on the train, and in the gift shop. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another date.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces will be cleaned before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the designated ticket area inside the building (credit cards preferred).
- Assigned seating will be used in each coach for social distancing.
- 1 member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window. A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Guests will be asked to wait outside for the train. Limited waiting areas will be available in the building when inclement weather.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows and coach doors will be operated by NCR staff and volunteers only.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the property.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the train.