- This event has passed.
Cancelled-Veterans Ride Free-BYOPicnic to Seven Valleys at 11:30 AM
May 24, 2020Ride Time(s): 11:30
May 24, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Celebrate your Memorial Day weekend riding through the countryside of York County with your family to Seven Valleys to have a picnic lunch. Riders are encouraged to bring their own lunch basket and blanket for an old fashion picnic! Guests will also be able to enjoy large outdoor games like Bowling, Checkers, Connect, Kerplunk, Bean Bag Toss, Corn Hole and Lawn Pong along with a magical performance by Marc Charisse!
Outside your window is the beautiful York County and the Heritage Rail Trail, while you enjoy this excursion to Seven Valleys. We will take you back in time to the 1860s when President Lincoln rode these tracks on his way to Gettysburg to deliver his now-famous Gettysburg Address. ALL ABOARD!
Veterans ride free. Please call Jenna at 717-942-2370 x100 to reserve the free ticket.
Seating is limited, reservations are recommended.
The cars are pulled and pushed by the Diesel Locomotive
The total excursion time is three hours.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the ticket booth in the back of the gift shop on the day of the trip.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.