- This event has passed.
Cancelled-Veterans Ride Free-Glen Rock Express 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM
May 23, 2020Ride Time(s): 11:30am,1:00pm,2:30pm
May 23, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Enjoy a scenic ride through the beautiful countryside of York County to Glen Rock, PA, on a historic railway that dates back to the late 1820s. Ride along with a 1959 PA GP 9 at the only place in the world where an original Pennsylvania railroad locomotive runs on a genuine Pennsylvania rail line . The EMD GP9 is a four-axle road switcher diesel-electric locomotive built by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division for the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1959 and it is powered by a sixteen-cylinder engine which generates 1,750 horsepower.
Veterans ride free. Please call Jenna at 717-942-2370 x100 to reserve the free ticket.
Seating is limited, reservations are recommended.
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our Vintage Diesel Engine.
This is a 30-minute excursion.
Tickets will be printed and be available for pick up at the ticket booth on the day of the excursion.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.