- This event has passed.
Veterans Ride – Hanover Junction Limited
Nov 11, 2016Ride Time(s):
November 11, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Veterans ride FREE with a paying adult, sponsored by Prospect Hill Cemetery in York, PA. If you are a Veteran or traveling with a Veteran, please call us at 717-942-2370 to reserve your excursion on the 11th. We salute our Veterans and thank them for their service!
Travel along the beautiful York County Heritage Rail Trail. The one hour ride to Glen Rock and 2 1/2 hour ride to Hanover Junction will take you back in time to the 1860’s when President Lincoln rode these tracks on his way to Gettysburg to deliver his now famous Gettysburg Address. It is also the same route taken by the Lincoln funeral train two years later. ALL ABOARD!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face coverings must be worn by guests and team members at all times while on our property, in our gift shop, and on the train. A mask will be provided if you do not have one.
- Please reschedule your excursion if you recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed, or are exhibiting symptoms.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces are cleaned and sanitized before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- Please pre-purchase tickets online or by phone at 717-942-2370.
- Seating capacity is reduced to less than 50% in each train car. Seats are assigned to ensure physical distancing.
- We have 1 designated entrance through the handicap entrance along Front Street and 1 designated exit through the front door along Main Street.
- The maximum capacity in our shop is no more than 20 at one time. Guests are asked to exit after completing business inside.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged.
- We request that you wait outside or in your vehicle until train boarding.
- Family members should help others in your party access and disembark from the train.
- Windows and doors on coaches will be operated by NCR team members only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the ticket counter and in restrooms.