- This event has passed.
Wild West Express on No.17 11:00 AM (Sold Out), 1:00 PM (Sold Out), & 2:30 PM
Aug 15, 2020Ride Time(s): 2:30 PM
August 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Caution: Riders will experience the sights and sounds of gunfire during the ride.
Witness the exploits of the infamous Jesse James and Younger Gang, a well-known group of 19th-century outlaws! During your trip to Seitzland and back, experience train travel as it was in the Wild West when this notorious group held up trains and passengers. The modern-day reenactors are using their skills for good, robbing the train for donations to Animal Rescue Inc. Come out for a good time and a great cause!
Help us raise money for Animal Rescue Inc (ARI), a local “shelter for life” for stray and abandoned animals. ARI serves south-central Pennsylvania and Maryland. At any one time, they have approximately one hundred dogs and several hundred cats, most of which are available for adoption. ARL’s annual community event, Dogs’ Day in the Park, is their largest fundraiser and most exciting community event of the year! Due to crowd restrictions for COVID this year, ARI has been forced to hold a Virtual Dogs’ Day. They are still committed to raising money for the shelter and are planning a virtual 5K and many other games activities with the shelter dogs leading up to the event, and on August 22nd, event day! ARI will be sharing more information on its website and Facebook over the next few weeks, along with opportunities to participate and help fundraise. See more about ARI at https://animalrescueinc.org/
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our steam locomotive.
This excursion is about 1 hour.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the ticket booth in the back of the gift shop on the day of the trip.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Before you join us please reference our new protocols!
Learn about each of our coaches here.
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols:
- Face masks are required for guests and NCR staff and volunteers while on the property, on the train, and in the gift shop. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another date.
- Train coaches, gift shop, ticket area, restrooms, and all other public spaces will be cleaned before each train excursion following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the designated ticket area inside the building (credit cards preferred).
- Assigned seating will be used in each coach for social distancing.
- 1 member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window. A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Guests will be asked to wait outside for the train. Limited waiting areas will be available in the building when inclement weather.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows and coach doors will be operated by NCR staff and volunteers only.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the property.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the train.