Wild West Express on No.17 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, & 2:30 PM
Aug 15, 2020Ride Time(s): 11:00 AM ,1:00 PM, 2:30 PM
August 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Caution: Riders will experience the sights and sounds of gunfire during the ride.
Witness the exploits of the infamous Jesse James and Younger Gang, a well-known group of 19th-century outlaws! During your trip to Seitzland and back, experience train travel as it was in the Wild West when this notorious group held up trains and passengers. The modern-day reenactors are using their skills for good, robbing the train for donations to Animal Rescue Inc. Come out for a good time and a great cause!
Help us raise money for Animal Rescue Inc (ARI), a local “shelter for life” for stray and abandoned animals. ARI serves south-central Pennsylvania and Maryland. At any one time, they have approximately one hundred dogs and several hundred cats, most of which are available for adoption. ARL’s annual community event, Dogs’ Day in the Park, is their largest fundraiser and most exciting community event of the year! Due to crowd restrictions for COVID this year, ARI has been forced to hold a Virtual Dogs’ Day. They are still committed to raising money for the shelter and are planning a virtual 5K and many other games activities with the shelter dogs leading up to the event, and on August 22nd, event day! ARI will be sharing more information on its website and Facebook over the next few weeks, along with opportunities to participate and help fundraise. See more about ARI at https://animalrescueinc.org/
The coaches are pushed and pulled by our steam locomotive.
This excursion is about 1 hour.
Tickets will be available to be picked up at the ticket booth in the back of the gift shop on the day of the trip.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure.
Before you join us please reference our new protocols!
Many thanks for the support of our 2020 season bronze sponsors:
We’re glad to have you back on the tracks with us!
We at Northern Central Railway are committed to the health and safety of our team members, and our guests. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you please read our re-opening protocols to familiarize yourself with our new procedures before your arrival. These may change as guidelines change so be sure to check with us shortly before your scheduled excursion.
- Employees, volunteers, and visitors will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times while on the property and on the train. If persons do not have masks one will need to be provided.
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID 19 or are exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness upon arrival will be asked to reschedule their excursion for another day/time.
- All employees and volunteers will have NCR COVID 19 related training.
- All employees and volunteers will answer COVID questions each day of operations and have their temperature taken per CDC guidelines.
- Trains will be cleaned before each run following CDC guidelines.
- All tickets should be purchased online if possible. Day-of tickets can be purchased by credit card with cash accepted, but not recommended, at the designated ticket area inside the building.
- One member per ticketed group will be permitted inside to pick up or purchase tickets at the building ticket window.
- Limited waiting areas, that are remote from each other, will be available in the building for inclement weather conditions, but visitors will be asked to wait outside for the train after they are done conducting business inside.
- Seating charts will be used on each train to disperse passengers for social distancing purposes.
- Family members should help others in their party access the train and disembark from the train.
- Windows will be operated by NCR employees of volunteers only.
- Doors to and from coaches will be operated by NCR employees or volunteers only.
- The wheelchair lift will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- No food or merchandise sales will be conducted aboard the train.
- A limited number of guests are allowed in the gift shop to ensure 75% capacity or less.
- Guests will enter through the handicap entrance along Front Street and exit through the front door on Main Street.
- Tickets and limited retail merchandise will be available inside the gift shop.
- Arrows and marks will be placed on the gift shop floor for social distancing at the ticket window and gift shop checkout counter directing guests.
- Employees will be required to wear masks and disposable gloves for handling payments.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged, but cash will be accepted as a form of payment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available for visitors and staff at the ticket counter and by the front door / sales checkout counter.
- Thorough cleanings will be completed between each train run.
- Curbside delivery will be available for purchases.