Northern Central Railway is always welcome to volunteers! Benefits include complimentary train tickets (as seating is available), gift shop discounts, admission to certain special events, complimentary t-shirt, volunteer appreciation events, and flexible scheduling. Join our excellent team today!
Download the Volunteer Application here. Volunteer positions include:
- Stop traffic at public railroad crossings
- Control traffic and assist passengers at the station and stops
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Greeter & Event Support
- Welcome and direct guests, answering questions and providing assistance
- Assist with events including preparation, set-up, execution, and clean up
- Assist with administrative tasks including filing and data entry
- Prepare mailings
Building & Rolling Stock Maintenance
- Assist with maintenance and minor repairs to buildings, grounds, and rolling stock
- Install decorations for holidays and special events
Model Railroad Builder
- Plan, construct, and repair model train room equipment and displays
Model Railroad Operator
- Operate model train room displays for visitors
- Explain displays and equipment and answer questions
Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Minor volunteers will require a parent or guardian’s consent and will be monitored by an adult volunteer or staff member who has obtained required clearances. You will be contacted as positions become available in your area(s) of interest. Thank you.
Do you possess other skills or talents that may be helpful to the organization? Please let us know!